Warm filtered water is gently infused into the colon via the rectum using a gravity fed closed colonic system.There are different types of systems so ask your therapist. This infusion of warm water allows toxins and impacted faecal waste to be released gently out of the body into a tube and out into the closed waste outlet.
Colonic Hydrotherapy is a complementary therapy used alongside orthodox treatments. Whilst we see great results with the treatment, we do not claim to cure any diseases.
Colonic Irrigation is a safe procedure when done by a qualified and experienced therapist, some believe it can be beneficial in the treatment of Digestive symptoms such as:
- Food Cravings (sweet) and bread
- Candida (yeast infection)
- Difficulty in losing weight
- Excessive burping
- Distended abdomen caused by trapped gases or wind
- Very Low calorie diet (Cambridge,Lighter Life, Ketogenic Lifestyle)
- Menstrual changes in women
- Intestinal toxemia
- Parasitic infestation
- Sluggish colon
- Skin problems
- Helps constipation and sluggishness incured with weight loss surgeries and procedures.
Other bowel disorders that inhibit the smooth workings of the bowels and can be benefited by colonic hydrotherapy are
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome(IBS)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Diverticulitis in remission
- Leaky Gut
- Active Cancer
- High dose diuretics (water absorbed during treatment can raise blood pressure)
- Severe anaemia
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Perforation and haemorrhage of GI tract
- Severe heart disease (uncontrolled)
- Congestive heart disease
- Severe haemorrhoids or even badly inflamed at time of treatment
- Steroids (chronic oral intake weakens the bowel wall)
- Fissures / fistulas
- Abdominal hernias
- Children under 17 years old
- Within 6 weeks of hip joint/knee joint surgery
Colonic Hydrotherapy have a much broader effect than simply cleansing the colon, additional benefits can be observed throughout the body in the form of cleaner clearer skin, more energy and mental clarity, fewer headaches and the improvement of circulatory and immune problems.
Some conditions are contra-indicated for Colonic Hydrotherapy and these include:
Please seek the advice from your medical practioner if you have any of the above and are contemplating having colonic hydrotherapy.
Please note we do not treat persons under the age of 18.